Do Home Security Systems Work In Ann Arbor?
If you’re similar to most residents, you want your home to be safeguarded at all times. but, do home security systems work in Ann Arbor?
The simple answer: you bet. That is if you install the right alarm system. Not only will the sensors and alarms provide superior peace-of-mind, the advanced equipment give a level of responsiveness and management you might not have thought possible. By getting automation, surveillance, and access through a mobile app, you can have a guarded home that’s truly accessible.
Let's take a second to see why a home security system is a great idea for your property.
Indispensable Home Security Needs
In order to make sure your Ann Arbor home security system works to its potential, you need these essential security devices:
- Window and door sensors: You may find this weird, but many intruders enter your house right through your front door. The other most common points of entry are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these practices, door and window sensors are designated the bedrock of your home security system. When the alarm is live and your door or window sensors are tripped, the jarring, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring professionals will be notified.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Don’t look for hard-to-work code pads, as easy-to-use touchpads now run your entire system. These touch screens will also direct your automation, cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- smartphone app: The topmost home security system let you manage every aspect of your home security through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm triggers, you will see a pop-up alert to your mobile device. Also, activate your motion alarms anywhere, set smart locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Home security signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in an ADT sign or a window cling, they will alert a potential intruder that your property is secure.
Will A Alarm System Protect Your Home In Ann Arbor?
While it may feel like an overreaction to install sensors and set-up a phone app when you already use door locks and live in a nice town, the studies support the notion that a security system will still protect your home. For example, a report from Rutger University concludes that many thieves will actively steer clear of properties with a security system installed. They will then opt to target an easier mark that is left poorly protected.
That correlated with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized houses do not have a security system. With numbers, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that have an alarm system. And while just displaying that your house have an alarm helps dissuade break-ins, other components -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also help dissuade thieves.
Of course, state-of-the-art security systems can do more than sound an siren. Today you can add in some needed components and services that make a security system safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup To Your Alarms
Does a alarm system work in Ann Arbor without 24-hour monitoring? Relying on a backup plan is always the best ideas and 24-hour monitoring from security agents can make sure the police or fire get there quicker after a triggered sensor.
Monitoring professionals will secure your home no matter what time it is -- whether you are there or not. If you’re don’t hear the siren, the monitoring agents contact you and the proper emergency service after a triggered event occurs. Even when you’re in the house, you will be busy making sure kids and pets are all wrangled up.
Install The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Medical
When you install your home security system, you have the option to install much more than security alarms. components like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be connected to your complete home defense. If an environmental emergency is found, your sensors will act just like your security alarms. And when the loud signal rings, your 24-hour monitoring agents are pinged, and a text will be sent to your mobile device.
Or try a panic button, which is conveniently attached to you or a loved one via a pendant, bracelet, or clip. If there is a fall risk or a serious medical condition, they can just employ a two-finger button to contact your monitoring agent.
Find Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best smart home devices give you a tier of control and accessibility you’ve never seen before. They will make your house more efficient and intelligent. And when you link automation to your home security system, they will also make your home much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lights to make it appear that your house is full when you’re gone.
- Have your inside smart lights turn on whenever a doorbell camera detects unusual motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to lock your doors, flip off your lights, and turn down the temperature when you go to work.
- Make personalized scenes so you can set your lighting levels, temperature, alarms, cameras, and other equipment with a single hit of a button.
- Or just see the status of all your devices and manage your alarms and cameras through your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save with automation, and you’ll realize how much you need a modern home security system in Ann Arbor. You will also be able to control your devices with voice commands when you pair your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Maintain An Eye On Your Home With Modern Security Cameras
Signs, decals, and outside lights are effective home invasion deterrents, but video surveillance may take your security to a higher plane. The furthest thing a burglar is looking for is to be taped on a video feed as the clip might be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you want to see what’s the noise you heard outside? Would you need to say hi to the kids when they get home from school? Has your groceries been delivered yet? All you need is to pull up the live feed from your home security app. You may also allow texts on your mobile device whenever a visitor approaches or your cameras sense unusual motion. You can then speak with who’s there with the 2-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Custom-Build A Home Security In Ann Arbor?
Want help in creating a security system that works in Ann Arbor? Our security agents will help you choose the best alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be used into one affordable plan. Call today at (734) 224-3173 or complete the form below.