Home security cameras can simply be placed as a deterrent—a sign that tells criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of additions all built to enable all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these features empower you to get the most from video surveillance in Ann Arbor.
How To Set Up Your Ann Arbor Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras at the ideal spots around your residence is the first place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common rooms like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear view of your front door, driveway, front and backyard, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front porch via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity can impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Device placement is only the beginning in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Ann Arbor. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your phone anytime strange movement is detected. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your security cameras to film and back up clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Most of modern security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone via the camera. Via your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and provides a more comprehensive view of an area. Check for cameras that have at least 120° wide angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to secure single locations within your living space.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to notify you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date notifications when the see unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Ann Arbor is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your security system can go from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (734) 224-3173 or fill out the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.