What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Ann Arbor
You understand you must defend your home. After all, it offers shelter for your loved ones and is where you store your valuables. But what kind of home protection is ideal? Whether or not to utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading choices you will make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Ann Arbor and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense bridges to an external monitoring team that is prepared to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. If a window sensor triggers or a CO detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents get an immediate warning. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and send the applicable emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional support. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you have to take action to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper alternative, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Ann Arbor
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support in place is always wise. If you are not on site, asleep, or without access to your phone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll react faster to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security might entitle you to a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: By getting hardware, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security expert, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Numerous residents would rather have the job done by skilled professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation is likely to be agreeable for most as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Ann Arbor
Here’s a brief breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: DIYers might think of this as a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an extra fee. Other people may want to go with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You may install devices whenever you want - and from different manufacturers. However, you may find incorporating into a seamless system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in charge of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t receive a security notification? This circumstance will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the single person in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No help connecting the system: If you need a helping hand during an installation, you may have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Ann Arbor
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Ann Arbor from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the right option for your family. Contact (734) 224-3173 today to get started.