Would you like to have more convenience and versatility in your life? Have you heard about smart homes and have an interest in learning how to equip your house? This simple tutorial -- Ann Arbor’s Home Automation 101 -- is designed to explain how you can utilize the latest technology to make your daily routine simpler to manage and more energy-efficient.
You can add automation to home security with certainty, and let your home's lighting, locks, comfort levels, and additional equipment cater to your needs.
What Is Home Automation In Ann Arbor?
If you already own or plan to acquire a home, you’ve probably thought about the ensuing inquiry: What is home automation in Ann Arbor? Essentially, automation keeps track of and runs a range of components within your property, so you aren’t required to. You have the ability to prearrange things such as smart lights, door locks, and HVAC controls to activate without you being physically present. In other words, there’s no need to flip a switch to brighten your lights or turn the dial to change the thermostat.
Automation offers versatility and convenience to your home
Automation can take many forms. For instance, you can fix your devices to respond per a schedule that you create through your smart hub or smartphone app. Or group devices together to create the perfect scene for movie night or for going to bed. Or you could have various smart sensors take cues from one another to help ensure your home is always comfortable and safe. You also can control your integrated systems with spoken words if you link with a Google or Amazon speaker.
As you might expect, you must choose the right smart home automation package to have advanced features like scheduling and remote management. Numerous people are most successful linking smart home automation implements to a home security system. Modern security systems already have the ability to control alarms and cameras through a centralized control panel or cell phone security app. Incorporating your smart locks and various other automated systems lets you administer everything in the same place. Plus, utilizing your security system for your home automation has the added benefit of you only needing to learn a single interface for all of your connected systems.
Smart Home Ideas For Ann Arbor
There are numerous beneficial smart home ideas for your Ann Arbor house. Consider these options to find a world of convenience you may not have thought attainable:
- Smart lighting: Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and remembered that you forgot to turn the lights off in the living room or kitchen? How would you like to press your mobile device and turn them down without being forced from your warm bed? You could even set a schedule and have them brighten at different intervals to create the appearance that your home is occupied when you're away. You can even set your smart lights to activate when your security cameras sense suspicious activity in the backyard.
- Smart locking systems: The unsafe action of putting a key below your front doormat is a thing of the past if you use smart locks. Assign your loved ones with a unique unlock code or you could unlock your doors right from your mobile device. In the event you need to provide entry to a neighbor or relative while you're on vacation, set a restricted code and get a mobile device notification as the locks activate.
- CO, flood, and fire detectors: Immediately know when a disaster happens with connected CO, fire, and flood alarms. Review the status of your devices via your phone and then get warnings whenever one of these devices is activated. Program other components to react to an emergency, like having your exhaust fan start if your fire detectors go off. These important safety measures are even linked to your around-the-clock monitoring for additional protection.
- Video cameras: Your interior and exterior surveillance systems can provide an instant glimpse of your grounds or interior any time you like. Review real-time video directly on your cell phone or save recordings to your secure cloud server. Another preferred installation is a video doorbell, which notifies you as a guest walks up. You can communicate via the two-way audio capability while your interior lights automatically turn on.
- Smart thermostats: You no longer have to manipulate your home’s thermostat in person. As an alternative, program your smart thermostat to activate according to your preferences. For example, automatically turn down the heat or A/C when you're away. Then make your system go up to a more comfortable temperature an hour or so before you return. You also have the ability to utilize your mobile security app to view the comfort levels anywhere and adjust it to your satisfaction.
The Many Benefits Of Smart Home Automation In Ann Arbor
So, is home automation worth the bother? Fortunately, automation provides more than merely an entertaining method to switch on your lights from your mobile device. Here's how automation adds important perks to your daily life.
- Safety: Home automation has obvious and beneficial security implications. Make your house seem inhabited if you're away with scheduled lighting and view guests with a video doorbell. Be notified and have your home illuminate when an alarm or camera is set off. Smart locks, surveillance, and devices like fire and CO detectors all provide an increased degree of protection for your home.
- Simply your life: If you set a schedule, you’ll never need to fret about switching off your lights or locking the doors, as your system will handle it for you. Inspect your devices when you're on vacation, and direct almost every aspect of your system from a distance. Create scenes like nighttime that adjust everything perfectly to get the right illumination and temperature levels. You might even direct Alexa how you want your settings and see your home instantly respond.
- Reduce energy bills: A leading reason to implement automation is how it will allow you to save money. Let's face it, there might be people in your residence who don’t remember to do basic chores like flip off lights. By putting your property’s illumination on a schedule, you won't be burning electricity throughout the day. Lower utility expenses by adjusting your comfort levels for occasions when you're gone. Did you not remember to lower the air conditioning when you left for vacation? No problem, as you now have the ability to adjust it no matter where you are.
Ready To Go Beyond Home Automation 101 In Ann Arbor?
If you are asking yourself, "how did I ever exist without home automation before," you’re ready to speak with your security professionals. We can answer all your questions -- from smart lights to surveillance systems -- and design the ideal package for you. Simply dial (734) 224-3173 or submit the form on this page.