Helpful Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In Ann Arbor
Deterrence is a significant aspect of your home’s protection, and one of the best ways to keep thieves away from your property is through the use of lights. A well-lit exterior not only looks terrific, it’s also much less likely to have burglaries. If you would like to upgrade your property’s security, explore these helpful tips for home security lighting in Ann Arbor. We have a few ideas for outside and inside illumination that will assist your family.
Boost Your Home’s Defense And Charm With Landscape Lighting
The right type of exterior lighting and well-positioned surveillance cameras will go a long way in keeping invaders away from your residence. Utilize these Ann Arbor exterior lighting recommendations.
- Make sure entry points are covered: Doors at the front and back of your house continue to be the most common spots for break-ins. Make sure those access points are well-illuminated but don’t neglect your garage. While bright motion-sensing floodlights are a preferred choice in this area, it’s not the only strategy. Instead of blinding your neighbors every time a critter scurries past, you can use less obtrusive lights that stay lit all night. Sure, intense, motion-activated floodlights may scare off prowlers, but having a properly positioned light that remains on has a greater chance of keeping them away from your property altogether.
- Integrate multi-purpose task lights: Those enchanting lights beside your paver walkway do more than help you see at night. They also let you see areas of your yard you might not otherwise be able to from the inside.
- Add allure and security with accents: Not only for added appeal, accent lights are a smart way to illuminate spots that could serve as places to hide. You can put accents in mulch beds outside ground-floor windows, in front of retaining walls, or beside trees and hedges. These options offer a dramatic effect while boosting your security.
- Shine light on the outer border: A comprehensive lighting strategy should also include your perimeter. Shining light your fence, gates, and outer edges of your property will help deter burglars.
How To Elevate Security With Interior Lighting in Ann Arbor
Home security lighting in Ann Arbor includes more than exterior illumination. Your interior lights are important in improving safety too. Smart light bulbs that incorporate into your home protection package are valuable for various reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Keep your lights on a schedule and give the impression the house is inhabited. This is a great deterrent and a wise plan anytime you’re gone.
- Access from anywhere: If you take a family holiday but neglect to put lights on a schedule, you can still activate them with your convenient smartphone app.
- Linking to other security sensors: If the motion detector on your outdoor camera goes off, you could have your foyer light inside turn on automatically. This functionality is an additional method to deter trespassers.
Dissuade Theft Even More With A Home Defense Package In Ann Arbor From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Back up your strategically illuminated property with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in Ann Arbor permit you to control and automate all kinds of smart components, including your lighting choices. Reach out to (734) 224-3173 today to customize a package for your home.